Monday, July 28, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Pie

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Pie by Andrea Weimer




This recipe is fabulously easy, and delicious too! Now, don't believe that this pie is going to taste and be just like a cheesecake, because that isn't going to happen. Think of this as a more french silk textured pie, with a cheesecake flavor. Believe me, if you like chocolate, you are going to like the light fluffy texture of this pie, especially paired with the hint of cheesecake flavor!

Total time, 15 minutes to make, 1 hour at least to chill in the fridge, you want this pie chilled!


Assemble your ingredients:


  • 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
  • 1/4th C. Sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract (I gave Jes a kit for Christmas years ago, she finally made it and it was delicious!)
  • 8 oz Cool Whip
  • 1/2 Stick of Butter
  • 1 8 oz package of Cream Cheese
  • 1 1/2 C. Milk Chocolate chips, I used Ghirardelli because if chocolate is the showcase of this recipe, it is going to be good chocolate.
In addition, I used 1 C of mini chocolate chips, whip cream, and my crunchy freeze because I love that stuff enough to put it on everything, and it really works well on the top of this pie.

 Measure and pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. You could do 30 seconds, stir, 15 more seconds, stir, 15 more seconds, if your microwave is really hot. One minute did it for me. 
 The chocolate may not look melted, if you put a spoon in it to stir and it melts like this picture, you are ready to stir.
Keep up the good work until your chocolate is smooth. Set this aside to cool a bit, not enough to harden but enough so that it doesn't melt the butter. 

Now take your softened cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and sugar, beat this until smooth

Yes, this was delicious, no raw eggs so of course I taste tested! Once you have a smooth consistency, add your chocolate.

 I also added 1/2 C. of mini chocolate chips, I could have done full size, but I prefer the mini for texture of the pie. More pleasant to get a bite with those little ones in it.
This should look thick, don't worry, you didn't mess it up! Now fold in that cool whip
 This took the longest of any of the process, I had to keep folding to get the pie to fully mix but a little patience pays off here.
Fully mixed, alright! You are now ready to pour it into your crust.
Just scoop it all in, many thanks to my beautiful assistant Jes
Smooth it out, it doesn't have to be perfect
Decorate according to your taste. My whip cream was a little runny, this is real life so that is what you get a picture of, I wasn't making another one so it could be pretty! I sprinkled more chocolate chips on and added a bit of crunchy freeze.

Put it in the refrigerator to cool. At least one hour. At this time I ate an amazing meal made by my sister. This meal was bribery as she wanted me to help her put together an ikea dresser. 
Grilled pork chops, baked potatoes, and zucchini boats, yes, it was worth the assembling. I got to play a bit with my nephew!
 And then, BAM, dessert!




 Thick, fluffy, yummy and oh so chocolaty goodness to finish off a meal!

Enjoy!
Andi


No comments:

Post a Comment