Saturday, July 26, 2014

Crunchy Freeze



Ice cream sundays with the niece wouldn't be complete without topping it with some crunchy freeze.

This recipe is also from my gorgeous Auntie Laurie (Center)
(From Left to right: Christie, Kathie, Laurie, Sherrie, and my mother Julie)

Start by collecting your ingredients
  • 1/2 C. Butter, melted
  • 2-1/2 C. Rice Krispies
  • 3/4 C Brown Sugar
  • 1-1/4 C Shredded Coconut
  • 1 C. Chopped Pecans
Mix dry ingredients

Melt Butter, I did it in the microwave for 45 seconds on high. Pour butter over dry ingredients
and mix well. Pour onto your cooking sheet. Use the kind with sides.

Oven at 300, cook for 20 minutes, check, the original recipe called for 30 minutes but I noticed in my oven there was some burning, for me 20 minutes worked well in my oven. You want a golden brown color.
Let cool completely.


Using clean hands break up into smaller chunks


Goes delicious with our homemade hot fudge recipe


Although, truth be told, my family has been known to eat this as breakfast cereal. Go ahead, double the recipe. Store in an airtight container.

Original recipe by Laurie MacIntire: Found on http://thesundaysuppersisters.blogspot.com

Enjoy!

Andrea




3 comments: